To provide relief for New Mexico members residing in Sierra County and affected by the wildfires, Aflac through Aflac Benefits Solutions will provide the following protections:
- Provide an extended premium grace period from Friday, May 13, 2022, through Monday, Oct. 31, 2022.
- Postpone cancelations and non-renewals from Friday, May 13, 2022, through Monday, Oct. 31, 2022.
- Offer a payment plan of at least six (6) months if unable to pay the delinquency after the extended grace period. The member should contact Aflac Benefits Solutions to make arrangement for repayment.
- Waive late fees and penalties.
- Provide an extension of filing deadlines for claims and leniency for any other action required under the policy/certificate.
- Waive referrals and prior authorization requirements for use of out-of-network providers for medically necessary services, whether emergent or not.
- Waive cost-sharing and deductibles for 120 days.
- Extend medical providers’ reporting requirements for claims submissions and for additional information relating to claims for at least 120 days.
- Permit one replacement for dentures or other prosthodontic devices during the pendency of this Order, waiving frequency limits.
- Permit one eyeglass or contact lens replacement during the pendency of this Order, waiving frequency limitations.
- Allow additional time for actions required under the policy/certificate and the submission of documents due to limited access to service and mobility.
- Provide a copy of the policy/certificate to the member upon request.
Affected members should contact Aflac Benefits Solutions at 855-819-1873, option one, for assistance.